2017 AGM NOTICE AND AGENDA
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN THAT THE TWENTY FIFTH ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING OF THE COMPANY WILL BE HELD AT THE CROWNE PLAZA HOTEL NAIROBI ON THURSDAY, 27TH JULY 2017, AT 12.00 P.M.
1. To read the notice convening the meeting.
2. To confirm the minutes of the Twenty Fourth Annual General Meeting held on the 15th July 2016.
3. To consider and, if approved, adopt the Financial Statements of the Company for the year ended 31st December 2016, together with the Directors` and Auditors` report thereon.
4. To authorize the board to fix the Directors` remuneration.
5. To elect Directors :
a) The Managing Trustee National Social Security Fund retires from the Board under the terms of Article 112 as read with Article 114 of the Articles of Association, and being eligible, offers himself for re-election.
b) The Cabinet Secretary for the National Treasury retires from the Board under the terms of Article 112 as read with Article 114 of the Articles of Association, and being eligible, offers himself for re-election
c) To note the expiry of term of the following directors under the State Corporations Act:-
a. Dr. Benson Ateng- term expired on 09th January 2017
b. Mr. Evans Vitisia- term expired 03rd February 2017
c. Mr. Papius Muhindi- term expired 03rd February 2017
d. Ms. Miriam Cherogony- term expired on 03rd February 2017
e. Amb. Charles Amira- term expired on 03rd February 2017.
6. To reappoint Deloitte & Touche Certified Public Accountants, as auditors of the Company, and to authorize the Directors to fix the auditors` remuneration for 2017.
7. To transact any other business that may be transacted at the Annual General Meeting.
BY ORDER OF THE BOARD
NB: In accordance with Section 298 as read with Section 299(1) of the Companies Act No.17 of 2015, a member is entitled to appoint a proxy to exercise all or any of the member’s rights to attend and to speak and vote at the meeting. A member that has a share capital may appoint more than one proxy for the meeting provided each proxy is appointed to exercise the rights attached to a different share or different shares held by the member. A form of proxy should be returned to the Company Secretary, at P.O BOX 51133 00200, Nairobi, to arrive not later than 48 hours before the meeting.